Hope you had a wonderful Christmas/holiday filled with special traditions, tasty cookies and your favorite holiday movies!
As we savor our last Christmas cookies, Lauren and I are thinking of what to make next—naturally ;) Because New Years is almost here, you’ll need some healthy appetizer recipes that will liven up your holiday parties. Or if you’re staying in this year, finger foods that we can enjoy at home with a glass of champagne.
We made sure to include 15 healthy recipes—mostly Paleo—that are simple. Since we’ve already spent a lot of time in the kitchen this season, here are easy recipes that look just as impressive.
15 Appetizer Recipes:
1. Cranberry, Pecan, Goat Cheese, Sweet Potato Bites - Recipe Runner
2. Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts - Fit Foodie Finds
We love salty bacon wrapped… everything! These are sure to be the most popular bite-size appetizers on the table.
3. Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels - Minimalist Baker
Similar to aram sandwiches (aka cream cheese, turkey wrapped in tortillas and sliced in sushi-like pieces), but these are filled with vegan cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. For a gluten-free option, use Siete tortillas instead.
4. Chicken Zucchini Poppers - One Lovely Life
Combine ground chicken and grated zucchini to make meatball-like “poppers”. These are just the right size to dip in your favorite dipping sauce and pop in your mouth.
5. Ceviche Cucumber Cups - Skinny Taste
Light, crisp and fresh—the cucumber is made into little cups by scooping out the center!
6. Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers - Unbound Wellness
Grab-and-go bites made with chicken and sweet potato. These are the perfect finger food for dipping in guacamole, ketchup or mustard.
7. Skinny Paleo Lemon Artichoke Dip - Physical Kitchness
A delicious chunky dip that you can serve with chips, crackers and vegetables. The zesty mixture is made with artichokes, cauliflower and lemon—and cheesy nutritional yeast.
8. Grilled Zucchini Roll Recipe with Herbed Goat Cheese & Kalamata Olives - Cookin Canuck
9. Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries - Eat Yourself Skinny
Who doesn’t like hot fries right out of the oven? These are sure to be a crowd pleaser and are made with a sweet and spicy twist—chili powder and brown sugar.
10. Grape and Prosciutto Skewers - Moma Loves Food
Sweet grapes, buttery and salty prosciutto, and peppery arugula are skewered on a stick for an excellent line up!
11. Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers - Tasty Thin
This one is so flavorful and cooks fast—just about two minutes on each side! It’s also fresh and light so you won’t fill up too much before the main course.
12. Paleo 7 Layer Dip - Wicked Spatula
From bottom to top, this Paleo version is made with guacamole, salsa, grilled chicken, shredded lettuce, olives, tomatoes and topped with onion and cilantro. Serve with chips or Paleo plantain chips.
13. Buffalo Cauliflower Bites - Real Housemoms
Your healthier version of buffalo wings—veggie style. These roasted cauliflower florets are baked in buffalo sauce and butter. To make dairy free, use coconut oil or a vegan butter.
14. Chicken Parmesan Meatballs (Paleo) - Plaid & Paleo
Although these have “parmesan” in the name, the salty and sweet flavors come from the coconut flour and sea salt. So they are dairy free!
15. Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles - Spend with Pennies
Green beans and bacon have always been a great combo. Now you can enjoy them bundled up for a small bite exploding with flavor.
Happy New Years
We hope this appetizer list has helped you find exactly what you need for your New Years parties. Let us know which appetizers you make and which one you liked best!